Insurance for Yachts
True-Course Marine is a division of True-Course Aviation Insurance. We are applying the same principals that have made our business successful insuring business jets. We seek the best possible coverage at the lowest possible cost in a transparent manner that allows clients to feel at ease with their risk management investment.
With direct appointments in the United States and Lloyds of London, we work hard to find the best fit for our customers in terms of comprehensive coverages, limits, and territory. Our proposal process allows you to see available options and explains how the coverages work so you can make an informed decision and move on with other aspects of managing the ship.
These are some of the coverages that we seek for a complete risk management program for your yacht:
- Agreed Value Coverage: You and your insurer determine the value together.
- Personal Property & Fishing Equipment Coverage.
- Search & Rescue Expenses.
- Emergency Towing & Assistance.
- Replacement Cost Loss Settlement: No reduction in payment due to depreciation.
- Trailer Coverage.
- Boat Show & Demonstration Coverage.
- Temporary Substitute Watercraft: In the event of a covered loss where the main vessel is out of commission during insurance repairs.
- Bottom Inspection: Coverage for inspection if there is suspicion of damage to the bottom of the hull.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Boater Coverage: Liability coverage for persons belonging to an uninsured vessel.
- Oil Pollution Act of 1990 Coverage: Coverage for Oil Pollution Act claims.
- Marine Environmental Damage Coverage: May be included under the liability protection.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA): LHWCA can included with the liability coverage.
- Precautionary Measures: Coverage for costs to move vessel for precautionary measures to avoid damages.
- Medical Payments: Medical coverage for occupants regardless of liability.